"Well, that was fun. A lot of people showed up"
"Yeah, and they drank everything we had"
"No kidding. What a bunch of moochers."
And that would be the end of our cocktail hours.
So with less than three weeks to go, we're getting close to being ready to leave. The list of projects is getting smaller (well, priorities are moving around).
- Finish getting shots (this is the worst for Jake)
- Store everything on the boat (this is my biggest worry)
- Get new mattress. It's in, but hanging out at Andy's command until we pick it up.
- Get cards with our name and website on it. These are kind of like social cards. Evidently it's a popular way to keep in touch with the folks you meet along the way. They should be here today.
- Finish countertop in galley
- Buy new batteries and build battery box for them. We have 4 already but Andy wants two more. Our solar panels are making oodles of energy and we've become electrically fat, so we need more ways to run our computers (and blender).
- Finish installing all of the navigational software on the computers and get the SSB hooked up to our practor modem (this is for weather information as well as email when we're not near an internet hook up).
- Make sure water maker works. More than likely, we can't do this until we leave. The water here in the bay is less than desirable for our first run.
- Call banks and change addresses as well as let them know we'll be out of the country for a while. I don't want my credit card cut off in the middle of nowhere.
Time's a tickin'!